Oct 14, 2008

Forward Thinking

Last night I watched the Bucket List with my mom.

(Netflix. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I love that I can go online, make a list (so long that it'll take months for me to get through it) and wait patiently, or sometimes not so patiently for it to arrive in my mailbox. How great is that?)

Anywho. I've decided that, although I'm not on my deathbed or have 6 months to live, I'm going to make a PREBucket List. I've experienced enough death in my life to realize that the time God gave us on earth is a huge blessing. Each day I thank Him for that day and I don't want to let Him down by not making each day as great as possible.

1. Visit every continent

2. Run a 5k marathon

3. Ride in a hot air balloon

4. Plan and execute a road trip across the country

5. Read the whole Bible

6. Fall deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally

7. Attend the opening ceremony of the Olympics

8. Grow my own garden

9. Surprise my mom with flowers

10. Send a message in a bottle

11. Learn not to say yes when I really mean no

12. Kiss the Blarney stone and develop the gift of gab

13. Be a mentor

14. Learn to juggle

15. Learn to live slowly

16. See all seven wonders of the world

17. Visit Walt Disney World

18. Eat a meal good enough to be my last

19. Pass on family traditions

20. See the Mona Lisa (actually I can check this one off)

21. Learn to sail

22. Become fluent in French.

23. Choose a country (ahem, French) and learn not only the language that is spoken there, but also study its customs, its cuisine, its art, and its history

24. Parachute

25. Slow dance at the top of the Eiffel Tower


My list could really go on forever.

So what's your PREBucket List???



A few quotes to inspire you...

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller


"Consciously seek out experiences that expand your sense of who you are and what you are capable of."


“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” Dr. Seuss

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow - there are so many things! Too long for a comment - I'll definitely do a post with this soon. :)

Post a Comment