Nov 21, 2008

Running Update


So you're probably wondering why I haven't updated you on my status on training for the 5k in February...

Well, just to let you know. I haven't dropped the ball (training wise), I've actually started running on the treadmill at my gym instead of outside. Because of the time change, during the week when I wake up at 5.45 it's still super dark outside and that doesn't exactly motivate me to jump out of bed and go for a run.

Especially in my neighborhood...

Thankfully my college is right down the street and their gym opens at 6am for all those crazies who like to get their workout in before the crack of dawn. Like me.

Anywho. I don't know if it's just me but doesn't it seem like it's easier to run on a treadmill versus the track???

Since I've made the transition to the gym I've been able to get up to a mile and a half! That may not seem like much to you, but to me it's huge!!! I've NEVER in my life run more than a mile...

And when I was forced to run the mile it was in middle school and part of the time my friends and I'd walk... We were too cool to run, for reals.

So that three mile goal seems a little closer now.

Yay me.

1 Comment:

  1. Astrid said...
    Hi!! Treadmills are easier because bascially you are just jumping up and down and not pushing forward as you would do outside.

    When I went to the gym I found it easy too but a good confidence booster. 20 minutes straight without dying seemed to be normal but 15 minutes on tarmac was killing me.

    But wow, I'm impressed that you're going to the gym before work - at best I would go straight after work. :)

Post a Comment