Nov 17, 2008

Manual Labor

sucks...

I have a new found appreciation for people who work in construction... It is NOT easy!!! I had a dinner party this past Saturday. Not only was it for the express purpose of the enjoyment of my friends all together in one place but to get the entryway in our home tiled (aka ulterior motive).

Since my mom purchased the home back in 2005 it's been under a constant state of construction... Do you know what that feels like? No? Well let me explain...

The moment we (meaning her, cuz at this point I was still living on campus... Thank God!) moved into the condo she ripped out all the cabinets and appliances in the kitchen and gutted the bathrooms, bought new appliances and cabinets, replaced the carpet and wood floors and repainted throughout the house... Ambitious much?

Since then nothings been the same... I don't even remember what base board looks like... I was so used to having a concrete entryway that every time I walk through the entryway I stop and stare at our new beautiful tile!!! Which my mom and I installed... Okay, so she layed the tile... But I helped with the grout which is really the hard part... It's like mud and makes a mess. Think youre OCD with washing your hands 20 times a day??? Try again, after spreading the grout over the tile and into the cracks you have to let it dry...

And then wash it... Let it dry... Wash it... Let it dry... Wash it...

Get my drift? It's an OCDer's fantasy.

After washing it so many times your body just aches! My mom's amazing cuz I only helped with the grout and washing part, she had to lay the tile too!!! I'll post a picture of it later! It's beeyouteeful!

On to the base board!!!

1 Comment:

  1. Katie said...
    A friend of mine has been engaging in manual labor on her house. Hers is only in the form of raking leaves but for a Jersey Girl who is used to everything being done by a man, its a big thing.

    I didn't know how big until she was trying on some clothes and I noticed 5 big bruises on her leg.

    That's why I don't do manual labor.

    I delegate :)

Post a Comment