Feb 24, 2009

Indecision.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the road... I hate that expression...

Because its SO true.

(Sometimes.)

It's mostly true when I go to a restaurant and can't decide what to eat. Which isn't frequent because I rarely go out to dinner and when I do I want something good. I went to Chipotle the other night with a few friends and such a thing happened to me...

Jen: So what are you going to get? (Standing at the end of what seems like a very long line. It was a busy night.)

Me: Uh. No. What are you getting?

Jenn J.: (Yes there are two Jens) I'm thinking of the three tacos. Is that good?

Me: Very, but I don't think I can eat all three...

Jen: Want to share them? I'm not that hungry either.

Me: Uh. I don't know. I was thinking of the salad... but I'm not sure. Ugh. I hate when I do this.

Jen: Ok. We have time. Let me know.

Me: (watching the line get shorter as we creep to the front, panic starting to set in) Internal monologue: Tacos or salad... Tacos or salad... But the burrito bowl looks good too... Crap. Well. I know I want chicken, I always get chicken... Maybe I should try the veggie... I always try chicken. What is my problem... Why can't I just decide?

Jen: Soooo... Have you decided yet?

Me: Yes. Let's share something. (Next in line) Internal monologue: Ok, well at least I decided on sharing... That should narrow our options down... No to tacos. How are we supposed to split the third taco? I don't know her well enough yet to share saliva... Maybe the salad... No. It's mostly lettuce and salsa... That leaves the burrito bowl or the burrito...

Jen: (laughing because she's watching the conflict of decisions cross my face) Well, what do you want to share?

Me: Internal monologue: Damn... Well... Burrito bowl with chicken?

Jen: Ok.

Me: Internal monologue: Ok! Good... Good. Wait. Is Jenn J. ordering the salad??? Oh. It looks so good. The lettuce. The chicken. The salsa... Drat.

1 Comment:

  1. Katie said...
    I'm not so bad in getting what I want in a food establishment, BUT when trying to make a decision on WHERE to go. That's where my problem lies. Indecisiveness is my middle name.

Post a Comment