Feb 2, 2009

It's who I am.

I did it. I made it to the finish line.

And it feels good.

So in honor of crossing that finish line I'm going to give you a little insight. Into me.

Over the past few months I've really learned a lot about me and what I'm capable of. I am determined, self-motivated (for the most part), a dreamer, a romantic.

I love with my whole heart which is, at some moments in my life regrettably, worn on my sleeve. I'm open, and most hours in my life outrageously happy. I prefer to see the good in people instead of picking out the bad.

I'm impatient. Yes. I said it. I am, I know it, now you do.

I'm anxious, sentimental and easily distracted...

I have been and will always be slightly over weight, and I'm okay with that. For a long long time I wasn't. I wanted to be like the girls you see in magazines. Obviously. I mean, with the social expectations we Americans place on ourselves, what girl doesn't? And if they say they don't they're (a) lying, and secretly do or (b) have come to the realization, as I just have, that you are who you are and what you are is beautiful.

Cheesy?

Yes. I know. I'm that too.

I try to compartmentalize my feelings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, you can read my face like a book and I hate it.

I hate showing my vulnerable side, I hate being weak.

I'm a nurturer. I love taking care of other people.

... I'm more than this, but it's a start into getting to know who I am.

So. Hello. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment