Dec 4, 2008

Alpha Male

I'm an independent contractor which pretty much means I'm self employed but I'm lucky...

I consistently work for one company (and as in company, I mean one person).

(Thank the Lord I have work, cuz the economy SUCKS right now!)

Anyway... We had a meeting down at the Laguna Beach office today and being the only girl was... interesting.

Being the only girl there I got to see men in their element and how they work with each other...

Men can piss each other off and then ten minutes later be cool... I dont know about other women but it takes me a little while to cool off, not forever, but not ten minutes either!

The main company I work with has three principles, and all three are working on this rush job (that btw needs to be finished by December 6... can we say "Screwed"?) But since we're not even CLOSE to being finished and they have a meeting with the clients tomorrow tempers are short, everyone's doped up on caffeine and we're all a little sleep deprived which makes for a bad mixture.

And on top of all of this, two of the men in the meeting are used to being the lead on their jobs, put two together and heads are going to butt...

Here's how it went down...

Alpha Male 1: Is M working on the cash flow charts?

Minion: I gave him the cash flow chart.

Alpha Male 1: (irritation already in his voice) That's not what I asked.

Alpha Male 2: (entering the office) What did you ask???

Alpha Male 1: (huffs) Is M working on the cash flow charts?

Alpha Male 2: We gave M the cash flow charts. (with a lil'tude) I don't know if he's typing on his little keyboard at this very moment...

Alpha Male 1: (irritated, said more as a demand less as a question) Well, can't you find out?

Alpha Male 2: (annoyed) Alpha Male 1, your phone is right next to you, just call down to him and find out yourself.

Alpha Male 1: (Turning away from Alpha Male 2, towards his computer) That is not what I asked, just find out if M's working on it. It needs to be done now. (Even though it was only given to M ten minutes before)

Alpha Male 2: I don't understand how you need to ask someone else to call down to M, when YOUR phone is sitting on the desk right next to you.

Alpha Male 1: (Back still to Alpha Male 2) Just find out.

Alpha Male 2: (Flexes jaw, flips off Alpha Male 1 to his back and walks out of the office... to go call M)

Guess there can only be one alpha male.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment